Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law.
You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other
reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced
if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Colussi Engineering warrants to the original purchaser that the pumps will be free, under normal use and maintenance, from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase subject to the conditions below. Our services and repairs are guaranteed to be free of faulty workmanship or material for a period of 3 months from the date of the repair.
To validate warranty claims, evidence of this date of purchase will be required and an explanation of the warranty issue to the manufacturer or distributor, Colussi Engineering Pty Ltd. Our warranty is non-transferable.
Unless otherwise stated in this warranty, Colussi Engineering will at its sole discretion either:
- Replace the product
- Refund to the original purchaser the cost of the product
- Pay the cost of the repairs carried out on the product
- Pay for the services to be carried out again
- Repair those parts showing manufacturing defects within the warranty period free of charge Defects not clearly attributable to materials or manufacture will be examined by Interpump Australasia and charges may be applicable depending on the results of the examination
Colussi Engineering reserves the right to choose the lowest cost option available from the above.
The warranty of engines on all engine-driven equipment and electric motors on electric pumps remains
the responsibility of the engine/motor manufacturer respectively. This is subject to the particular
terms and conditions set by each manufacturer.
It is the user’s responsibility to verify that the water used in the pump is clean and free from impurities. Users should contact Colussi Engineering if in doubt. This warranty is subject to compliance with the directions and guidelines of use and installation as set out in the User Manual.
This warranty shall not apply to, or include, any of the following:
- Freight damage
- Normal wear and tear (including seals)
- Damage caused by misapplication, negligence or alterations
- Damage caused by misuse, neglect or inadequate maintenance
- Damage caused when the unit has been allowed to run dry
- Damage caused by freezing liquids
- Damage caused by abrasives in pumped liquids
- Repairs which affect the performance or reliability of the pump
- Damage caused if the product is installed, repaired or serviced by a person who is not qualified to do so, or if non genuine parts have been fitted
- Failure or damage to a product if proper maintenance has not been undertaken
All service under this warranty takes place at Colussi Engineering’s manufacturing
facility at 53 College Street, Gladesville NSW 2111. The customer is responsible under
this warranty for paying the costs associated with transporting the unit to and from the manufacturer.
This warranty is the only warranty applicable to Colussi Engineering new products and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, replaces all any other warranties expressed or implied. Colussi Engineering Pty Ltd does not authorise any other person to offer any warranty rights in relation to its products. Colussi Engineering Pty Ltd shall not be liable for incidental or consequential damages which result from the misuse of the product/s, including damage resulting from the customer’s failure to follow the guidance provided in the product/s manual concerning the operation and maintenance of the product/s.